Saturday, May 8, 2010

Wise man

A traveler once was stopped by a highway robber who demanded his money bag at gunpoint. "I'll give you my money!" said the traveler "But please, If I come home empty-handed, my wife will never believe that I was robbed, and will accuse me of having squandered the money on gambling or liquor, and she will beat me mercilessly. Please, do me the favor of firing several bullets through my hat, so I can prove to her that I was held up."
The robber saw no reason not to comply and shot several times through the man's hat.
"Thank you so much," the traveler said. "But you don't know my wife. She will say I punctured the hat and that these were not bullet holes at all. Here, take my coat and shoot several bullets through it at close range, leaving the powder marks. That will convince her for sure."
When the traveler saw that the last pull of the trigger hit an empty chamber, he pounced on the robber, knocking him to the ground, retrieved his money bag and fled.

No comments:

Post a Comment